Re: General I/O

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: General I/O
From: Kunihiko IMAI <kimai@iodata.jp>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:16:55 +0900
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

At Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:12:38 +0200,
Gabor Kerenyi wrote:

> I could wrote a small driver to setup and handle an interrupt
> on GUINT0 using vr41xx_set_irq_trigger (a simple switch is
> connected to PIN0)

These function ( macro ) set works only setting GPIO pin function.
They have no resource management.  If the pin is not assigned on
any function yet, you can freely set the pin function.

You can set these registers with write[bwl]/read[bwl] functions. Do
not use out[bwl]/in[bwl].  And the place of GPIO regsters are
relocated by bootloader.  It's better to use macros defined at
include/asm/vr41xx/toadkk-tcs8000.h.

> The board is not known by anyone, it's made in Japan
> (TOADKK-TCS8000).

The kernel with the board is local porting version, not submitted
linux-mips CVS.  The kernel is ported by LASER5 Co. Ltd.  And they
sell same card as L-Card A.

Thanks.

                                                          Kunihiko IMAI