Re: GCCFLAGS for gcc 3.3.x (-march and _MIPS_ISA)

To: kumba@gentoo.org
Subject: Re: GCCFLAGS for gcc 3.3.x (-march and _MIPS_ISA)
From: Atsushi Nemoto <nemoto@toshiba-tops.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:25:29 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:49:48 -0400, Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org> said:
kumba> I don't claim to be an expert on all things mips yet, but If I
kumba> recall correctly, the R4K processor line is a MIPS III capable
kumba> processor.  So -mips3 -mabi=32 should be safe for it.  I've
kumba> been building kernels off linux-mips.org CVS using "-mips3
kumba> -mabi=32 -Wa,--trap" in the arch/mips/Makefile, and it works
kumba> great.

Only affected code I found is __BUILD_clear_ade.  So the 32-bit kernel
compiled with -mips3 will work fine normally, but once an address
error occur the kernel will crash.

As Thiemo said, it seems include/asm-mips/asm.h should be fixed
instead of Makefile.  Still investigating...

---
Atsushi Nemoto