Re: PATCH:2.4:CONFIG_CMDLINE_BOOL

To: Michael Pruznick <michael_pruznick@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: PATCH:2.4:CONFIG_CMDLINE_BOOL
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:01:49 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, jsun@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:12:35PM -0600, Michael Pruznick wrote:
> The patch at the bottom of this message adds support so that
> a board can choose to have a command line specified in
> the .config file or hard-coded. This is similar to what is
> in the ppc tree.  All this patch does is create a config
> question and store the info in the config file.  It is up
> to each board to read or not read this info.

This is a good feature.

However, I think it is better to

1) always have CONFIG_CMDLINE defined
2) for boards that don't use it, it is "" (NULL string)
3) we need to modify all boards' prom_init routines so that they
   respect this config.
4) (optionally) some ugly static ctrcpy of cmdline can now be
   moved to use config options

Jun