Re: mips64/setup.c

To: David Kesselring <dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com>
Subject: Re: mips64/setup.c
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 22:17:13 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 02:22:45PM -0400, David Kesselring wrote:

> > On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:54:15AM -0400, David Kesselring wrote:
> >
> > > Is the file mips64/setup.c used? I believe that I see two problems in it;
> > > 1) The Ocelot options in setup_arch have case statements without a switch.
> >
> > Ocelot 64-bit kernel is currently work in progress.  A first cut of
> > the patch was posted to this mailing list a few days ago.
> >
> > > 2) There is no option for Sead but the mips64 build for sead compiles
> > >    fine.
> >
> > The fun of when two almost identical files go out of sync.
> Then do you know what is happening when 64bit sead is configured? Why
> doesn't the compile fail?

This is easy, there is a function call missing which won't cause an
error message unlike a missing function.  Don't ask me why - it just seems
the 64-bit SEAD port was never completly sent to me or so.  Anyway, I
just fixed this in the linux_2_4 CVS branch; as the result of merging
mips with mips64 this bug was magically dealt with in 2.6.