Re: Malta + USB on 2.4, anyone?

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: Malta + USB on 2.4, anyone?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:36:29 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, jsun@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:26:44PM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Jun Sun wrote:
>
> > Has anybody tried USB on malta with 2.4 kernel?  I just found that
> > I got 0xff IRQ number and kernel panics.
>
>  Possibly IRQ routing is broken -- the PIIX4 uses INTD for its USB
> controller's interrupt.  For the Malta it should be routed to the IRQ11
> input of the PIIX4's internal dual-8259A PIC.  What does `/sbin/lspci -vv
> -s 00:0a.2' print?

The output seems to say the same thing:

root@10.0.18.6:~# lspci -vv -s 00:0a.2
00:0a.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82371AB PIIX4 USB (rev 01) (prog-if 00
 [UHCI])
        Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Step
ping- SERR- FastB2B-
- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 32
        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 11