RE: mmap'ed memory cacheable or uncheable

To: "Jun Sun" <>, "Teresa Tao" <>
Subject: RE: mmap'ed memory cacheable or uncheable
From: "Teresa Tao" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:52:33 -0700
Cc: <>
How about if I specify the following flags in my mmap routine just like what
the pgprot_noncached micro did.
        pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot) &= ~_CACHE_MASK;
        pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot) |= _CACHE_UNCACHED;

Will this have kernel make the mmap'd memory non-cacheable? Or is there a mmap
non-cacheable patch?

Thanks in advance!