Re: boot requirements

To: Joe George <joeg@clearcore.com>
Subject: Re: boot requirements
From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:02:04 +0200
Cc: David Kesselring <dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
In message <3F200047.2050506@clearcore.com> you wrote:

> I found it easier to port Linux to my board than
> Yamon.  But I guess it probably depends a lot on
> the kind of port.

It depends on what you want or need to do. Capabilities like  booting
over  the  network  or  storing  configuration  parameters or command
sequences can be extremely useful features of a boot loader.

We use U-Boot on a couple of MIPS boards.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
One possible reason that things aren't going  according  to  plan  is
that there never was a plan in the first place.