Re: boot requirements

To: David Kesselring <dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com>
Subject: Re: boot requirements
From: Joe George <joeg@clearcore.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:50:31 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
I found Jun's porting howto to be an immense help.

http://linux.junsun.net/porting-howto/

I found it easier to port Linux to my board than
Yamon.  But I guess it probably depends a lot on
the kind of port.

Joe

David Kesselring wrote:
I am trying to determine what has to be included in our boot code to start
linux. I didn't think I needed to port yamon. What does yamon or pmon
provide for starting or debugging(gdb) linux? Does the processor need to
be in a specific state or context before jumping from the boot code to the
linux downloaded image? If someone can point me to a simple example, I
would greatly appreciate it.

David Kesselring
Atmel MMC
dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com