Re: 64bit Sead build

To: Dominic Sweetman <>
Subject: Re: 64bit Sead build
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:04:00 +0200
Cc: David Kesselring <>,
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 01:49:48PM +0100, Dominic Sweetman wrote:

> > Thanks for the info. I'm trying to build 64bit sead so that it can
> > be a basis for a port to our own chip with a MIPS 5kf core.
> Interesting.  It's good to know people are looking at the 64-bit
> ports.

The general problem I'm observing is nobody wants to be the first through
the minefield of building a commercial product based on a 64-bit kernel
though for many applications it seems to be a much saner solution than
a 32-bit kernel.

My use is atypical but I'm running a 64-bit kernel SMP / ccNUMA kernel
since years without major problems so we're 90% through and I'd like to
know about the missing 10% ...