Re: 64bit Sead build

To: David Kesselring <>
Subject: Re: 64bit Sead build
From: Dominic Sweetman <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:49:48 +0100
Cc: Ralf Baechle <>,

You wrote to Ralf:

> Thanks for the info. I'm trying to build 64bit sead so that it can
> be a basis for a port to our own chip with a MIPS 5kf core.

Interesting.  It's good to know people are looking at the 64-bit

> Is one of the other supported boards more generic (and thus a better
> start) than Sead?

We use our 'Malta' board for all our in-house Linux work.  See:

(I think that link will work for you... let me know if it's

We maintain a relatively stable 32-bit Linux port for Malta.  64-bit
is still somewhat experimental; but at least you have a board with
ethernet and disk ports, and PCI expansion slots.

I guess you should ask your local MIPS salesperson about Malta.

Dominic Sweetman
MIPS Technologies
The Fruit Farm, Ely Road, Chittering, CAMBS CB5 9PH, ENGLAND
phone +44 1223 706205/fax +44 1223 706250/swbrd +44 1223 706200