Re: kernel BUG at sched.c:784!

To: Jack Miller <jack.miller@pioneer-pdt.com>
Subject: Re: kernel BUG at sched.c:784!
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:59:27 -0700
Cc: Linux-Mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, jsun@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 03:51:25PM -0700, Jack Miller wrote:
>   Jun,
>     ' Got the BUG() again after about 5 hours of operation.  The BUG()
> report is below.  Any additional insight you can provide is greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks again for your help.
>
>   Jack
>
> Linux version 2.4.17 (jack@saturn) (gcc version 3.2.2 20030612 (Pioneer
> Voyager)) #5 Fri Jul 18 12:51:00 PDT 2003
>
> active_mm = 83f02b20

This make CPU bug being the cause unlikely.

Are you using preemptible-kernel?  I can't think of anything specific.
I think you have to do some honest kgdb debugging.

BTW, I have a simple trace tool (which I think is easier to use
than LTT) you may find helpful.  Good luck.

http://linux.junsun.net/patches/generic/experimental/030716.a-jstrace.patch

Jun