Re: kernel BUG at sched.c:784!

To: Jack Miller <jack.miller@pioneer-pdt.com>
Subject: Re: kernel BUG at sched.c:784!
From: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill@realitydiluted.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:08:59 -0400
Cc: Linux-Mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Jack Miller wrote:
  We are developing a system based around a NEC VR5432 CPU and Broadcom
BCM703X System Controller. When the system is running with the intended
application and drivers we intermittently experience a kernel OOPS in the
scheduler.  Would someone please provide some insight to the following OOPS
?  It appears (with my limited understanding of the scheduler) that the
scheduler is trying to schedule the 'idle' task.  What condition prevails to
cause this to happen ?

Are you using their reference platform 93725 or 93730 or what?

Linux version 2.4.17 (jack@saturn) (gcc version 3.2.2 20030322 (Pioneer

Before I left Broadcom, I had that kernel at 2.4.18 I believe and the
703x drivers were working fine. Is there some reason you are not using
the Broadcom kernel? I did notice one of the lines had the smartcard
interrupt firing. Those drivers were not exactly supported well. Can
you provide more information on the hardware platform and version of
the drivers? Thanks.

-Steve, ex. Broadcom settop kernel developer