Re: sudo oops on mips64 linux_2_4

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: sudo oops on mips64 linux_2_4
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:21:20 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> >  Please pass it through ksymoops for more details.  Version 2.4.9 should
> > work just fine for mips64.
>
> This looks still broken - Giving the vmlinux file to ksymoops makes it
> even worse - tons or errors.
>
> ksymoops 2.4.8 on mips 2.4.19-r5k-ip22.  Options used
>      -v /dev/null (specified)
>      -k /dev/null (specified)
>      -l /dev/null (specified)
>      -o /dev/null (specified)
>      -m /home/flo/System.map (specified)

 Hmm, I would use "-V -K -L -O -m /home/flo/System.map" instead. ;-)  And
also "-t elf64-tradbigmips -a mips:5000" as you really want 64-bit
addresses and opcodes beyond R3k (and your ksymoops isn't configured to
use a 64-bit target by default).  Using vmlinux might give additional
information beyond what System.map can provide and it should work just
fine once right options are passed to ksymoops -- I used to get correct
output with no warnings at all.

 At least we know the error is in drivers/video/fbmem.c:fbmem_read_proc()
because of buf being null.  But please retry with the above options to get
some addresses decoded.