Re: [patch]: gdb/insight 5.3 buggy in kernel module debug

To: renwei <renwei@huawei.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [patch]: gdb/insight 5.3 buggy in kernel module debug
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:43:05 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 04:31:01AM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:14:44AM +0800, renwei wrote:
>
> > Here's my patch to this problem, change the read pc on mips32 cpu.
>
> Don't send GDB patches to me, I'm not maintaining GDB; drow@mvista.com is
> probably a better address.
>
> Also a standard rant - never ever send ed-style patches; any maintainer
> will probably just drop them.

Please don't send them to me either - send them to
gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com, where they belong.

Andrew will tell you that the 64-bit signed PC is correct.  The bug is
in whatever code is not sign extending, probably in the symbol reader.
If you're using stabs try dwarf-2 instead.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz