gdbserver on mips

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: gdbserver on mips
From: "Rahul Pande" <rahul.pande@wipro.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:13:14 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

 I am working on a AMD Au1500 based board and want some information. I am using the Linux 2.4.21pre. The problem happens when i run an application under "gdbserver" on the board, it does not allow me to single step into functions/code. The following error is displayed :
                "ptrace : Input/Output error".

The  "ptrace.c" file under arch/mips/kernel/ does not have support for PTRACE_SINGLESTEP because of which the above error is occuring. I would like to know why single stepping support is not there for mips architecture under linux, whereas it is there for others like i386, alpha, arm etc ?

Thanks and Regards,
          rahul

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.