schedule() and mipsel processor

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: schedule() and mipsel processor
From: fpga dsp <fpga_dsp@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:57:49 +1000 (EST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,

I may ask a stupid question here but I have problem of calling any functions such as interruptible_sleep_on_timeout, sleep_on ... in a timer handler, the kernel just crash straight away in the function schedule(). Now I go and do a diff between kern/sched.c on i686 source and mipsel source. clearly , they are different. So the question is from kernel programming point of view, the bottom-half of interrupt handler is still considered interrupt handler? I don't see any platform dependent code in the scheduler at all. So why a mips scheduler is different from intel scheduler ?

Many thanks

Duy Do

Yahoo! Mobile