KGDB problem

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: KGDB problem
From: patrick.hilt@pioneer-pdt.com (Patrick Hilt)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:11:18 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hello!
I just recently started working on Broadcom MIPS32 architecture (7115 chipset
based STB, Broadcom modified 2.4.18 kernel) and have been trying to get kgdb
setup to do some kernel source level debugging... with little success I might
add ;-|. I compiled remote debug support in to the kernel, added kernel
command line parameters and tried a dozen different configurations... but
never got a "Wait for gdb client connection..." message at boot time. The box
happily continues to boot on. On the other hand, there seems to be support
for debugging in the kernel source since there is a .../dbg_io.c
implementation.

I guess I am not really sure what to do with it at this point... I read
documentation and mailing list archives... no joy!

If anyone on this list would have some pointers and/or suggestions I'd greatly
appreciate that :-)!!!

Thanks a lot,

Patrick