Re: CVS linux

To: Kip Walker <>
Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:48:12 +0200 (MET DST)
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Kip Walker wrote:

> >  There's still missing a load delay slot filler there.  I'm checking in an
> > obvious fix immediately.
> What about the other back-to-back loads in that file (9 lines above)?

 Oops -- I've missed that one even though I've browsed through the file.
Thanks for pointing it out.

> My CPU doesn't care about the load delay slot, so I didn't think to add

 I hope you haven't realized of the problem rather than ignored it.  I
think the nops should eventually be replaced with macros that would
conditionally expand to nothing.  But correctness first and performance

> the nop.  At least my patch didn't introduce the problem ;-)

 But it let me notice it.  Better late than never.