Re: is there any docs/manuals for linker scripts symbols

To: ik@cyberspace.org
Subject: Re: is there any docs/manuals for linker scripts symbols
From: Fuxin Zhang <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:01:25 +0800
Cc: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
info ld give much more information than man ld.

for those symbols,you need to learn something about ELF file format
(its concept of sections)

ik@cyberspace.org wrote:

Hi All,

Is there any documentation for the symbols in the ld.script linker
scripts for the linux kernel.
I'm porting Linux kernel to a mips board for which I need to understand
the various symbols used in the kernel.

For example what is the use of the following symbols
`__init_begin'
`__init_end'
`__initcall_start
`__initcall_end'
`_ftext'
`__setup_start'
`__setup_end'

I'm not good in these linker scripts... any help pointers would be of
great help to me ! (I'm referrring gnu ld  manual pages ... still have a
long way to go :(

Thanks in advance !
Indu