Getting Started Information required

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Getting Started Information required
From: "Adeel Malik" <adeelm@avaznet.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:03:00 +0500
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi All,
         I am new to this list. I have done the embedded development work for MIPS32 processors on Windows Platform using the toolchain from Green Hills Inc. Now I have to undertake the Embedded Linux Development work using SDE Tool from Alorithmics Ltd. I have also got reference design board from Quick Logic Inc. Can some one give me the information regarding the basics of Embedded Linux Development ( what are the tools and steps required to build the kernel and download on the board, via Linux Environment).

Regards,

ADEEL MALIK
DESIGN ENGINEER,
COMMUNICATIONS ENABLING TECHNOLOGIES