Sony WebTV Nevada rm5230-167q

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Sony WebTV Nevada rm5230-167q
From: nicholse@sdf.lonestar.org
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:08:53 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Sony WebTV Nevada rm5230-167q
What kind of work would it require to bootstrap the kernel from Sony WebTV
Pro Model INT-W200, 167MHz, the modem is a 56K flex, 8megs of RAM, a IDE
Seagate 1.1 GB hardrive and there is a cable/TV tuner. This unit has a
WebTV Port (SCSI?). The drives partitions are not recognized by fdisk. The
keyboard is IRDA, no external ps2 port but solder connections to put one
in. Should I try to read the bootsector hexdata? Could we burn a new ROM?
How would I do a ROM dump? QED Quantum website inst avaliable, are there
docs and specs?
This should be fun...
Eric