RE: wired tlb entry?

To: "Pete Popov" <>
Subject: RE: wired tlb entry?
From: "Joseph Chiu" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:12:36 -0700
(Sorry for the double-send of the original inquiry to the list -- I actually
got bounce notices from my mailer...)

This is the kernel from almost a year ago with the changes you made to
support the 36-bit phys addr. access on the Au1xxx.
The Au1x00 PCMCIA (CS release 3.1.22) initialization maps phys_mem f80000000
to virt_io c0000000.

I am running HostAP (0.0.3) on top of this PCMCIA support, using a
Prism3-based WiFi card.

During transmit/receive activity, the hardware interrupt invokes the
prism2_interrupt() in hostap_cs.o which, in turn reads and writes from
registers using the virtual i/o address of c0000000.

Under light and moderate loading, there are no problems.  After heavy
traffic loads, the system eventually dies with accesses to address c000xxxx
(one address gets hit 95% of the time - and there were other addresses a few
other times, but always in the c000xxxx address range).