Re: CVS linux

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:19:46 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: Linux/MIPS Development <>
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 wrote:
>       Consolidate all the MIPS PCI code in arch/mips/pci.

Is this really a good idea? You moved board-specific code (`everything related
to one board in a single dir') into one directory? So for a new port, you now
have to add a arch/mips/<board>/ directory, and add files to arch/mips/pci/.

I agree that extracting common parts and cleaning up the code is a good idea,

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds