Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:19:46 +0200 (MEST)
Cc: Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 ralf@linux-mips.org wrote:
>       Consolidate all the MIPS PCI code in arch/mips/pci.

Is this really a good idea? You moved board-specific code (`everything related
to one board in a single dir') into one directory? So for a new port, you now
have to add a arch/mips/<board>/ directory, and add files to arch/mips/pci/.

I agree that extracting common parts and cleaning up the code is a good idea,
though.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds