gdb-5.3

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: gdb-5.3
From: Amit.Lubovsky@infineon.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:39:47 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

I have compiled gdb-5.3 for a custom board running mips:

target gdbserver:
        gdb-5.3/gdb/gdbserver/configure mips-eb-linux-gnu

host gdb:
        gdb-5.3/gdb/configure --target mipseb-linux-elf

while running gdb on the host I got:
[test@dragun usr]$ ~test/gdb/bin/host/gdb demo
GNU gdb 5.3
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=mipseb-linux-elf"...
(gdb) target remote 192.168.1.90:4444
Remote debugging using 192.168.1.90:4444
0x6000e182 in ?? ()
(gdb) b printf
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8048370
(gdb) n
Cannot find bounds of current function
(gdb) p
The history is empty.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

and on the target I got
/usr> ./gdbserver 192.168.1.1:4444 demo

Process demo created; pid = 27

Remote debugging from host 192.168.1.1

hello - #0

hello - #1

hello - #2

hello - #3

hello - #4

hello - #5

the program demo.c
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
        int i=0;
        while(1){
                sleep(1);
                printf("hello - #%d\n", i);
                return 0;
        }
}

The problem is that I can't controll the gdbserver, it looks as if it
doesn't respond to commands (breakpoints,)
from the host gdb.

Thanks,
Amit.