Re: CVS linux

Subject: Re: CVS linux
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 18:10:06 +0200
On Sun, 2003-06-01 17:56:29 +0200, Ralf Baechle <>
wrote in message <>:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 04:25:53PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > MfG, JBG
> > PS: Thinking about feeding arch with Linus' tree, the parisc one and
> >'s CVS tree just to evaluate if the holy merge can be done at all
> > (cf. ).
> Please don't feed anything that's maintained on to Linus.
> Having to sort out what of all the patches flowing forward and backward
> is bogus and not would become a huge pain for me.

I do know that and I'm for sure far away from pushing patches upwards.
_But_ I want to pull things. This way, I can *early* unhide problems
some archs imply to common code and thus I can ask their maintainers to
not let major (upcoming) problems out of their eyes...

> > Currently, I'm thinking about a 2.5.<x>-port<n> tree which I basically
> > plan to feed by CVS/bk/... log mails. While at it, I'm asking for a list
> > which gets complete log incl. patch sent to.
> An item on my to do list since a long time ...

Here's even some requestor! That'd help me a lot, I think.

Ralf, you've been a fire fighter, right? I'm near over-heating just
right now...

   Jan-Benedict Glaw    . +49-172-7608481
      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));