Re: Re: Hi, this is my patch for broadcom sb1250-mac.c

To: "linux-mips@linux-mips.org" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Hi, this is my patch for broadcom sb1250-mac.c
From: Greg Lindahl <lindahl@keyresearch.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:06:01 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 02:43:35AM +0800, Zhang Haitao wrote:

> and dear Greg Lindahl:
> you just pointed out the function skb_over_panic(), but there are
> many reasons will lead that fault!

It is not an obvious bug, but this is an important clue. If you then
look at skb_put (in include/linux/skbuff.h) you will find that you
have written beyond the end of a skbuf, or a stray pointer has damaged
the size of the skbuf. I would next put some debugging code before
every skb_put() call (there are only 2 in sbmac.c) to see if it will
overflow, and printk something if it is.

Any kernel bug that you can make happen repeatedly can be debugged in
this fashion.

-- greg