PCI Conf Space in application mode

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: PCI Conf Space in application mode
From: JinuM <jinum@esntechnologies.co.in>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 18:56:13 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi!

I am looking at an application to print PCI Configuration space on MIPS
platform in user mode.

On my x86 system i do that using iopl() call n then accessing PCI Conf space
through ADDRESS port(0xCF8) and DATA port(0xCFC). Here i have no problems
accessing the IO ports.

But i believe its not the same in MIPS architecture. How can i read n write
into some IO port(memory mapped in MIPS) on MIPS platform. Can i only access
these ports in driver mode?

The x86 code does compile with a mips cross compiler and i am able to
execute it. But the output that i see is some junk getting printed on one
line.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
Jinu