profiling SMP/SB1250

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: profiling SMP/SB1250
From: Jamal Hadi <hadi@shell.cyberus.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:18:59 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Newbie to MIPS here and not on the list (so cc me please).
I am playing around with a SB1250 board; it has two CPUs. Attempt to
kernel profile:
on bootup selected profile=2 to enable profiling(validated because
/proc/profile shows up). readprofile produce some strange
output after i ran a lot of interupt related stresses. The output seems
to claim the CPU was idle ... I know it was not.
The SB1250 ties all IO interupts on CPU0 - i wonder if this was causing me
some issues? Is what i am doing the right way to turn on profiling on
MIPS or the SB1250?

cheers,
jamal