Re: -mcpu vs. binutils

To: Thiemo Seufer <>
Subject: Re: -mcpu vs. binutils
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 13:39:30 +0200 (MET DST)
On Wed, 14 May 2003, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> >  Of course the choice of the default should be configurable (for binutils
> > it probably already is
> It isn't, and probably will never be. Of course you could introduce
> just another configuration, with the bfd vector of your choice as
> default.

 Hmm, I would assume "mipsn32*-linux" defaults to n32 and "mips64*-linux"
-- to (n)64.  It isn't the case, indeed.

> > -- I recall Richard Sandiford making changes in
> > this area, for gcc -- no idea).
> It would also need a different config which defines a different

 I will do the change as described above when I am working on mips64
glibc.  Also config.guess will probably have to be updated to be capable
to determine which one of these two configurations is used in a given
system, so that one need not specify "--build=" to get what is desired.