Re: OpenSSL/Binutils Issues

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: OpenSSL/Binutils Issues
From: Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:19:59 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Kumba wrote:
[snip]
>       Which builds fine.  Then the error hits when attempting to execute
>       the "conftest" executable:
>
>               ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries:
>               usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: unexpected reloc type 0x68

This libcrypto seems to be broken. 0x68 is not a valid MIPS reloc type
at all, and a shared lib should use only R_MIPS_32 (type 2) relocations
anyway.

>       Has anyone seen anything like this?  My base mips install on my SGI
> Indigo2 is built using binutils-2.13.90.0.16, which builds everything
> fine, just doesn't cooperate well with -mips3 or higher options.  I'm
> not sure if this is mips-specific, or if I need to bother the OpenSSL
> team about it.

It is probably a binutils issue. Can you send the output of
objdump -R usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6 |grep R_MIPS |grep -v
\(R_MIPS_32\|R_MIPS_NONE\)

Thiemo