Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board

To: jbglaw@lug-owl.de, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board
From: "Michael Anburaj" <michaelanburaj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 21:57:46 -0700
Cc: muthu@iqmail.net
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

The linux kernel on the Atlas board went past the NFS issue.

Now a new one :(

Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.

in src/linux/init/main.c

open("/dev/console", O_RDWR, 0) is returning a negative value. I don't have a video device on board., required? Will /dev/console open a UART port (/dev/ttyS0 or /dev/tty0)? Why am I getting this error?

1. Is the kernel not build properly (did not include console driver)?
2. Should I pass init=blablabla as a parameter? <but nothing like that is specified in the doc.>.

Advice me please...

Thanks,

-Mike.