Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board

Subject: Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:40:57 +0200
On Thu, 2003-05-08 10:02:54 -0700, Michael Anburaj <>
wrote in message <>:
> Hi JBG,
> The MIPS box (Atlas running YAMON) has a fixed IP address assigned by me.
> TFTP boot works fine. But this IP is held within the boot monitor program
> (YAMON).
> YAMON> set

That doesn't help you. This is yamon, it's not Linux:)

> Apart from the dynamic IP address assignment methods....
> Suggest me a method to communicate this value to the RAM resident Linux
> kernel. Or can I assign a fixed IP addredd by passing it as a parameter

Look at ./linux/net/ipv4/ipconfig.c

> when the linux kernel boots up? If so what is the syntax & please point me

> to the document that has this info. about passed parameter when booting the

The source file is the document, syntax is described there, too.

> kernel.

Please answer under old emails, not above them.

   Jan-Benedict Glaw    . +49-172-7608481
      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));