Re: NCD900 port?

To: Chip Coldwell <coldwell@frank.harvard.edu>
Subject: Re: NCD900 port?
From: Brad Parker <brad@parker.boston.ma.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 16:01:28 -0400
Cc: Brad Parker <brad@parker.boston.ma.us>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Chip Coldwell wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Brad Parker wrote:
>>
>> It it's anything like the explora 450 you should be able to get it going.
>> (oh my, did *I* say that?)
>>
>> The 450 has those same two chips with a ppc403.  I managed to hack my
>> way into their undocumented pci bridge enough to get linux booted and
>> the ethernet working.  I have yet to get the s3 working but that's only
>> because I can find a pdf for the chip anywhere.  I can certainly talk to
>> the s3 (as well as the pcmcia space).
>
>That's very interesting.  When you say you don't have the S3 working,
>do you mean that you can't get a virtual terminal on the display or
>that you can't get X Windows working?  If the former, do you use a
>serial console?

I mean I can't get the existing S3 driver to talk to it at all.  The existing
driver assumes it's running on a real pc and I can't figure out the mapping.

current I use a serial console.

I can see the S3's pci space through the bridge, but I can't figure out
how to change the existing driver to talk it.

-brad