arcboot 0.3.6

Subject: arcboot 0.3.6
From: Guido Guenther <>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 02:27:25 +0200
I've uploaded arcboot 0.3.6 (the bootloader for SGI mips machines) to
Here are the more interesting bits from the changelog:
  * fix command line handling, now things like
        boot linux root=/dev/sda1 single
    should work as expected, no need to mess with OSLoadOptions
  * fix booting arbitrary files
        boot /vmlinux root=/dev/sda1
    will now properly boot OSLoadPartition/vmlinux
  * search for OSLoadPartition if the envvar is bogus
  * adding other 32bit IPs to arcboot is now a two line change
    in common/subarch.h
+ lots of other minor bugfixes. Is anybody really missing support for
booting IRIX? If so It be nice to have someone who's willing to test
some changes since I don't run IRIX myself.
 -- Guido