Re: NCD900 port?

To: Chip Coldwell <>
Subject: Re: NCD900 port?
From: Alan Cox <>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 21:57:35 +0100
On Iau, 2003-04-24 at 21:20, Chip Coldwell wrote:
> I'm facing a ~$1K site license charge for NCD's NCBridge software for
> their NC948 X Terminals, and since my site consists of exactly three
> of these things that I bought for less than $250 each I'm balking a
> bit

I would think it is perfectly doable given specifications. I'd bet NCD
are a pain about them. NCD also seem to use signed images and if their
bootloader uses signed images the challenge may be rather harder.

Next time buy thin client PC's 8), a diskless, fanless EPIA will
set you back about the same with display.