Re: NCD900 port?

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: NCD900 port?
From: Chip Coldwell <coldwell@frank.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:48:51 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> What PCI bridge is being used?  Galileo?

Good question.  Short answer: I don't know.  I'll pry off the hood
and take a peek at what's on the board, unless this is something that
shares a die with the CPU.

#1 is definitely a possible stumbling block, so my first task is to
identify the PCI bridge.  The box has 48 MB of RAM in it, which should
be enough for both a small RAM disk root filesystem (busybox?) and the
kernel; the rest could be NFS mounted.  I've converted old x86 PCs to
diskless X Terminals using exactly that trick.

Chip

--
Charles  M. "Chip" Coldwell
"Turn on, log in, tune out"