RE: [patch] wait instruction on vr4181

To: Steven Seeger <sseeger@stellartec.com>
Subject: RE: [patch] wait instruction on vr4181
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:35:17 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: "'Jun Sun'" <jsun@mvista.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Steven Seeger wrote:

> Hey, when I try to patch in standby, it says that opcode isn't available for
> the R6000. Why does arch/mips/Makefile use -mcpu=r4600 for the VR41XX?

 I fear you need to handcode the instruction until gas supports some sort
of a CPU override, similar to ".set mips".  Using "-mcpu" or "-march"
won't help as the code wants to be compiled regardless of the CPU
selection.  Currently gas supports the opcode for VR4100, VR4111 and
VR4120, but there is no way to select any of them except on the command
line.