Re: [patch] TANBAC TB0226(NEC VR4131) for v2.5

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: [patch] TANBAC TB0226(NEC VR4131) for v2.5
From: Juan Quintela <quintela@mandrakesoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:15:04 +0200
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>, Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@hh.iij4u.or.jp>, Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
>>>>> "ralf" == Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> writes:

ralf> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 01:40:19PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> > I don't think there's much point in using ISO style initializers
>> > everywhere.
>> > So far the convention is only to replace the GNU-style inializer.
>> > We unfortunately have a few places where the code got inflated by at least
>> > the factor of 3 because now some code uses the ISO initializers for
>> > everything - for no good reason.
>>
>> What if someone will change struct resource in the future?

ralf> For the generic case that concern may be true - but I don't think struct
ralf> resource will change any time soon.  Imagine fixing all the drivers ...

Did you noticed that "they" changed the modules? and bio?

/me think that we have already had enough _big_ breakages to learn
that not using named initializers is a bad idea.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy