Re: [patch] TANBAC TB0226(NEC VR4131) for v2.5

To: Juan Quintela <quintela@mandrakesoft.com>
Subject: Re: [patch] TANBAC TB0226(NEC VR4131) for v2.5
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:36:42 +0200
Cc: Yoichi Yuasa <yuasa@hh.iij4u.or.jp>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 01:17:21PM +0200, Juan Quintela wrote:

> yoichi> +static struct resource vr41xx_pci_mem_resource = {
> yoichi> +     "PCI memory space",
> yoichi> +     VR41XX_PCI_MEM_START,
> yoichi> +     VR41XX_PCI_MEM_END,
> yoichi> +     IORESOURCE_MEM
> yoichi> +};
>
> Please, use C99 named initializers in the whole file.

I don't think there's much point in using ISO style initializers everywhere.
So far the convention is only to replace the GNU-style inializer.
We unfortunately have a few places where the code got inflated by at least
the factor of 3 because now some code uses the ISO initializers for
everything - for no good reason.