Crash on insmod

To: kernelnewbies@nl.linux.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Crash on insmod
From: "Gilad Benjamini" <yaelgilad@myrealbox.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:47:45 +0000
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,
I have a simple scenario, with a simple-cut-down module
which crashes very frequently.

mips-linux 2.4.20 32 bit with 64-bit phys addresses enabled.

- Start the kernel
- insmod (full path, or short-name-after-depmod)
- Crash.

Other modules show no problems.

After much work, the module is now shrunk down to
the following
-----------------
#define MODVERSIONS
#include <linux/module.h>
#include <linux/init.h>

int __init CG_init_module( void )
{
  return 0;
}

void __exit CG_cleanup_module( void )
{
}

module_init(CG_init_module);
module_exit(CG_cleanup_module);

I am clueless as to the cause of the crash.
Oops info didn't provide anything useful, except a possible hint towards
sys_create_module. printk's in this function showed it completed succesfully.

insmod -V shows 2.4.7 - Could that be related ?

Any ideas ?