Re: wbflush() abuse for TOSHIBA_RBTX4927

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: wbflush() abuse for TOSHIBA_RBTX4927
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:25:38 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, source@mvista.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> I remember that some of the Toshiba parts of the TX39 series
> had some interesting quirks relating to the write buffer.  Perhaps
> some of these were carried into the TX49 series as well?

 I suppose that's unrelated, since I'm specifically referring to the way
the buffer is handled in the TOSHIBA_RBTX4927 code -- the __wbflush()
backend is not invoked by wbflush() and calls like mb() (used by portable
drivers) unless the kernel is configured in an unobvious way and then
there is duplicate "sync" (but maybe that's needed, thus my question among
others).

  Maciej