Re: End c-tx49.c's misserable existence

Subject: Re: End c-tx49.c's misserable existence
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:15:09 +0900 (JST)

>> One more request.  Please enclose R4600_V1_HIT_CACHEOP_WAR and
>> R4600_V2_HIT_CACHEOP_WAR with appropriate CONFIG_CPU_XXX.  I do not
>> know what CPUs need this workaround... (at least TX49 does not need
>> this)

ralf> I'll leave it unconditionally enabled for now because the
ralf> Makefiles could behave in undefined ways if multiple
ralf> CONFIG_CPU_* options are selected and quite a few systems
ralf> support both the R4600 and other processors like the Indy.
ralf> Another day.

I have been misunderstood that people who needs the workaround always
select CONFIG_CPU_R4X00.  But it is not true.  Now I understand.

But recent reorganization increased a number of c-r4k.c users
somewhat.  How about introducing new config macros such as

Atsushi Nemoto