Re: Oddities with CVS Kernels, Memory on Indigo2

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Oddities with CVS Kernels, Memory on Indigo2
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:16:45 -0400
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

As am I. I've also gotten an NE2000 ISA 10mbps network card to be detected and work under `ifconfig', but forgot how to deal with multiple network cards, so I didn't actually get it hooked up to the network. I've got a 3com 3c597 EISA card in there at the moment, but I think it's cooked, since it's MAC Address reports itself as all ff's. I'm also hunting for an EISA Mach32 video card to see if maybe on the offchance, it's possible to build a VESA Compatible framebuffer for the system. That will prove to be an interesting experiment.

--Kumba

Marc Zyngier wrote:
"kumba" == kumba  <kumba@gentoo.org> writes:

kumba> Mind you, that's an ISA Parallel Port card I dropped in.  I
kumba> noticed the SGI's parallel port never worked, so I dug up a
kumba> spare and tried it.

So you're the first to try an ISA card on the I2. I must say I'm
quite pleased it worked ! :-)

        M.