Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board

To: ralf@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board
From: "Michael Anburaj" <michaelanburaj@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:24:36 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

Thanks Ralf.

I want this question to be answered.

Can I build linux on my Win98 machine for MIPS 4Kc Atlas board using mipsisa32-elf-gcc & make?

Please respondwith atmost details.

Thanks,
-Mike.

From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
To: Michael Anburaj <michaelanburaj@hotmail.com>
CC: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 03:25:29 +0200

I suggest http://www.linux-mips.org to get started.

> Question 2:
> Does Linux-MIPS support the MIPS Atlas board with 4Kc processor using
> mipsisa32-elf build tool chain (Contain the appropriate HAL or BSP)? Is so, > please point me to documents that gives the exact build steps for the same.

No.  You must use a Linux configuration of the tools, that's mips-linux.

> Also do let me know if Cygwin over Win98 dev. environment is good for
> building & developing with Linux-MIPS or do I need to have Linux installed
> on my dev. machine?

I've never use Cygwin myself.  The reports I've received are a mixed bag
ranging from extremly bad to very good.