recommended toolchain

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: recommended toolchain
From: carbonated beverage <ramune@net-ronin.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:23:19 -0700
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi,

        What's the currently recommended toolchain for building MIPS kernels?
I'm working on a NEC VR4111 (mipsel, MIPS16, I, II, III, no LL/SC :P) and
would like to avoid tracking down toolchain bugs.

        Also, Are partial patches (i.e. platform not fully functional yet)
accepted?  Or should I finish a full port (hits userland) first?

        Vadem Clio 1000, reading the 2.4.0-test9 tree that's the last version
I see in CVS and porting to 2.5 (bk pull as of... a while ago).

        Thanks,

-- DN
Daniel