Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board
From: Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:29:34 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 2003-04-10 03:25:29 +0200, Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
wrote in message <20030410032529.A1493@linux-mips.org>:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 02:32:03PM -0700, Michael Anburaj wrote:

> > Also do let me know if Cygwin over Win98 dev. environment is good for
> > building & developing with Linux-MIPS or do I need to have Linux installed
> > on my dev. machine?
>
> I've never use Cygwin myself.  The reports I've received are a mixed bag
> ranging from extremly bad to very good.

I'd recommened to use a linux box. Cygwin is quite a nice piece of
software, but it introduces some, well, subilte things at some times:)
Spending time looking for these things isn't worth anything.

(use tar to extract some read-only files for cosmic user IDs and then
try to remove/edit/... these files from cmd.exe with edit or so... I
love ACLs...)

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));