cross-compiler for mips (r5432)

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: cross-compiler for mips (r5432)
From: Madhavi <madhavis@sasken.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:47:51 +0530 (IST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi

I want to install a cross-compiler for MIPS(R5432 CPU) on an i686 host.
Since R4000 is compatible with R5432, I am using "mips3" as the target.
binutils-2.13 and I phase compilation of gcc-3.2 happened without any
problems. But, glibc-2.2.5 is giving many compilation problems. This is
how I configured glibc:

configure --build=i686-linux --host=mips3el-linux --enable-add-ons
--prefix=/usr.

Could someone guide me on this or give me some pointers for installation?
Is the target option "mips3" the right choice for R5432?

Thank you in advance.

regards
Madhavi.

Madhavi Suram
Software Engineer
Customer Delivery / Networks
Sasken Communication Technologies Limited
139/25, Ring Road, Domlur
Bangalore - 560071 India
Email: madhavis@sasken.com
Tel: + 91 80 5355501 Extn: 8062
Fax: + 91 80 5351133

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally Privileged
information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the
message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute,
print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and
inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message
shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken
Communication Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express
intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken accepts no liability for any
loss or damage, which may be caused by viruses.