Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux

To: ralf@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: CVS Update@-mips.org: linux
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:11:02 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 ralf@linux-mips.org wrote:

> Modified files:
>       arch/mips/mm   : Tag: linux_2_4 c-r4k.c
>       arch/mips64/mm : Tag: linux_2_4 c-r4k.c
>
> Log message:
>       Add check for R4000 V2.2 errata #2.

 Hmm, erratum #2 is about status output pins.  I suppose you mean erratum
#5.  But then it applies to V3.0, too.

 Then the bit is r/w, so how about toggling it instead of panicking?
With an informational message like:

printk(KERN_ERR "Firmware bug: 32-byte I-cache line size unsupported for
the R4000...\n");
printk(KERN_ERR "... fixing up to 16-byte size.\n");

Of course that probably requires a temporary cache inhibition and
invalidation.

 Would you care to code that or should I look into it?

  Maciej