Re: IDE initialization on AU1500?

To: "Lyle Bainbridge" <>
Subject: Re: IDE initialization on AU1500?
From: Juan Quintela <>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:50:16 +0200
Cc: "'linux-mips'" <>
>>>>> "lyle" == Lyle Bainbridge <> writes:

lyle> Still, I can't explain why the scanning of non-existent hwifs was
lyle> ever done this way.  I wonder if this was rectified when the IDE
lyle> subsystem was refactored in the 2.5 kernel.  I know this new IDE
lyle> code was back ported to 2.4.21 also. Let's hope things are a done
lyle> a little bit better in this new code.

Just nick-pitting, it is the other way around:

- 2.4.X (X < 20 ide code)
- 2.4.X Andrew Hendrik code, lately adopted by Alan Cox.
- 2.5.X refactoring (jsut dropped)

Now 2.4.21-preX and 2.5.X (where X is something new), have the Andrew
Hendrik/Alan Cox IDE code.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy