au1500 mm problems?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: au1500 mm problems?
From: Bruno Randolf <br1@4g-systems.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:54:01 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

hello!

i am regularily getting the following 2 types of kernel oopses on my au1500
based board (mycable XXS), whenever i try to do something more demanding to
the CPU (like compiling):

Unhandled kernel unaligned access in unaligned.c::emulate_load_store_insn,
line 481:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 02000014, epc ==
80137554, ra == 4
Oops in fault.c::do_page_fault, line 205:

do you have any suggestions for me what could be causes for these?

i have 64MB ram and my root filesystem mounted over NFS. branch linux_2_4 a
few weeks ago. i can provide you with the complete oops if that would help.

btw: i cant use petes 36bit patch on the latest linux_2_4 branch anymore - it
always gives me a "Reserved instruction in kernel code in traps.c::do_ri,
line 654:" when i boot the kernel.

thanks,
bruno